Thursday, February 18, 2010
Abby Swatek, Ashton Wilson, Ashley Bardwell, Kathryn Evans, Leah Bush, Charlie Erdall, Camilla Simon (President), Stephanie Gemino (Vice President).
Every other Thursday at 5:00 pm. Next meeting will be Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 5pm Conference Room 233 in Communication Arts.
Ashley Bardwell was elected by acclamation as the Secretary for this semester.
We now have 26 members!!
Prices for gold cords will be going up to $9 next year. They just went up this year, but the club will cover the slight increase.
All dues and fees have been given to the Cashier's office. Certificates, pins, and cords have been ordered for spring celebration.
MPTV Live Auction Saturday, April 24th or Sunday, April 25th if you want to go, please email Leah Busch email@example.com
If you want to earn a service cord, 10 hours of service per year is required. Even if you will be inducted in Spring semester rather than Fall, you still have to do 10 hours for that year. To earn the service cord, use the form on the LPH web page (http://www.uwp.edu/clubs/lph/) and click on service.
Spring Celebration will be April 15th at 6pm in the ballroom. There will be a fee to cover costs; amount is unknown so far. LPH initiation occurs as part of the celebration.
Discussion included the following:
- Hors d'oeuvres will be served (not full dinner)
- Seniors are included; they are discussing activities; one possibility is to do the Cha-Cha slide
- Display senior e-folios (and possibly other coursework?) on laptops during celebration
- Seniors could provide photos for a slide show; one way to include seniors would be to ask each one to record a single sentence (with a memory of their time at UWP? a final comment?) - these could then be combined into the sound track for the slide show; Charlie expressed willingness to work on this; Wendy can give time during the day 495 students are learning how to use microphones to record for their efolios
- Alumni will be there as the PCAA meeting is scheduled immediately following the spring celebration
- Could do Ranger Bear skit
- Could have an inspirational speaker
- Graduating Seniors give awards to each other (Stephanie)
- Comm and Ethnicity students could do poetry readings
- WIPZ could facilitate music
Vice President (since the secretary was elected during the meeting)
Last update: February 19, 2010
© 2010, University of Wisconsin-Parkside. All rights reserved.