Meeting Minutes for March 24, 2004
· Internship is on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 12-1pm; location:
· E-folio is scheduled for Monday, May 07, 2004 at 10am; location:
*note: if all portfolios are not presented, the workshop will continue
at noon, stay tuned for more details.
· Bake Sale in Main Place from 10am - 2pm, Wednesday, April 07,
-- Ka will check on the confirmation of the bake sale with reservations.
o If you would like to volunteer to work at the table, please contact
one of the officers or Wendy.
*note* if you buy/bake/bring something for the bake sale, you will be
given one hour towards your service cords. Hours worked will also be counted
towards service cords, but do not forget to get your card signed after
working or bringing something.
*note: There will be no meeting held this week due to bake sale.
· Rink Side Sports in Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, Illinois on Saturday,
April 17, 2004 at 5pm
· $12 per person which includes ice skating, lazer tag, cheese
pizza, drink, and a $5 game card.
· All LPH members, communication majors/minors/pending are welcomed
as well as faculty. Each person can bring friends along as well. Please
contact either Kathryn or Wendy to RSVP.
IV. Membership Fees
· Officers, advisor, and members present voted on an option for
members' renewal fee. Please read carefully below:
Beginning in fall 2004, members renewing their yearly membership now have
an option of either paying the $15 dues or working 10 hours of community
service (separate from the 10 hours used to earn the red & white service
cords). All requirements (for what counts, and how to get credit) are
the same as hours counted toward service cords. The ten hours of community
service must completed by the time you need renewal fees are due (exact
date varies by semester, but is usually about a month after the start
of classes). Therefore, anyone who would like to take advantage of this
option for fall semester, may want to complete the majority of the required
hours during the spring or summer.
· Given that new member fees are due so quickly after the start
of the semester, and students only have a few weeks notice, it was agreed
that this option would only apply to renewals, not to initial memberships.
· Spring Student Celebration is being held on Sunday, April 25,
2004 at 1 pm in the Union Square. --members can bring family, friends,
and significant other to this event
*ATTN: LPH new member initiation will also be a part of this event, so
please attend. You will also be given the chance to meet more Communication
majors/minors/faculty as well as LPH members.
· If any member has any suggestions or ideas (for fundraisers,
group community service, workshops, or socials), questions, or comments,
please feel free to join us at our next meeting. If you cannot attend
the meeting, please contact either an officer or our adviser, Wendy at
· Our next meeting will be held on April 14, 2004 at noon in CART
Ka Y. Her, Secretary
Last update: March
© 2004, University of Wisconsin-Parkside. All rights reserved.
URL for this page: http://www.uwp.edu/academic/communication/clubs/lph/minutes.3_24_04.htm