Thursday, March 4, 2010
Camilla Simon (President), Stephanie Gemino (Vice President), Ashley Bardwell (Secretary), Abby Swatek, Dave Wooten, Greg Teuton, Jordan Woiteshek, Carrie Dennett
-Spring Celebration Discussion
- Event will be held April 15th at 6:00p.m. in the Union Ballroom
- Stephanie Gemino (VP) will revise the script for the LPH Initiation portion of the Spring Celebration for use this year, and then and mail final electronic version to Theresa Castor, Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz and Camilla Simon (P) so it’s available as a template for next year's initiation.
- All Comm Students can submit a digital photo of themselves (or photos of groups of students, or themselves participating in student activities) to Camilla Simon for the Spring Celebration by April 2nd. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlie is in charge of all graduating seniors' sentence recordings for the Spring Celebration – will do that on March 11th at 11:00 a.m. – he will turn them into the audio track for the slide show of photos.
- Idea discussed on Communication faculty creating their own (brief) recordings to be given to Charlie to include in the audio track.
- Motion for LPH to contribute $300.00 to Spring Celebration was approved. The Communication Department will also provide funding, and possibly PAC and PCAA.
- Ticket prices will be $6 (to help defray total estimated costs of $600) and will soon be available online.
-MPTV Live Auction Sunday April 25th (Brookfield, WI) - LPH and PAC members are invited to help with the 12:00 to 4:00, but there are three different shifts offered if the times don’t work. Carpooling is available. There is room for up to 20 members to attend. Camilla will email LPH members with further information on this Community Service event.
-Field Trip Ideas for LPH Members
- Dead Sea Scrolls (Milwaukee Public Museum)
- Chicago Boat Tour/ Day in Chicago (visit Chicago Tribune or Museum of Broadcasting as other possibilities)
- Thursday Movie
-Cross Talk Event: A faculty and student get together. Open to the whole campus. LPH is not sponsoring, but members are invited. Contact Stephanie Gemino for more information on her Senior Seminar Community Service event. Gemin001@rangers.uwp.edu
Last update: March 5, 2010
© 2010, University of Wisconsin-Parkside. All rights reserved.