PRIORITY DEADLINES: Applications and documents should reach us by the following dates: November 1 for spring semester (January) enrollment, June 1 for fall semester (September) enrollment. Students who want on-campus residence hall housing for September must apply as early as possible.
- A Completed Application for Undergraduate International Student Admission. You can fill out an application on-line at http://apply.wisconsin.edu.
- Application fee of $44.00
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. A score of 525 on the paper test (197 computer based or 71 internet based) is required. For information regarding the location of the test centers nearest you and for making arrangements to take the TOEFL test visit the website: http://www.ets.org/toefl
- A Sponsorship Statement Form (pdf) documenting support for one year of study.
- Original bank statement or bank letter documenting sufficient funds for one year of study. Photocopies and FAX cannot be accepted.
- Official transcripts from all secondary schools, colleges and universities attended. Records must be in the original language with certified English translations. Official records should include all exam, test results, certificates, diplomas or degrees received.
- To receive transfer credits from a foreign university a prospective student must have their transcripts evaluated through one of the recommended companies:
ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators)
WES (World Education Services)
One Earth International Credit Evaluators
At minimum, a student must purchase the "Course by Course" evaluation service. But a "Catalog Match Request" is recommended to ensure transferability of coursework.
Apply for University Housing (check out the Global Village!)
- University completes I-20
- Pay SEVIS Fee (http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/index.htm and https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/)
- Schedule appointment with US Embassy
- Attend International Student Orientation
- Take Placement Tests
application check list (PDF)