November 9, 2007
Establishment of PCAA
- In Spring 2007, Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz’s Senior Seminar class began creating PCAA for their Make-A-Difference Project.
- Jimmy Bishop continued to develop PCAA through his internship.
- A large portion of his time was spent updating the website which is now working and can be accessed through the UWP homepage, using the keyword PCAA.
- We would like to add a link on the website for comments on the Constitution and Bylaws (both can be changed at any future meeting after a vote of the members).
- Think about possible changes and bring ideas to the next meeting.
- Our website will be our strongest form of connection between meetings and plays a very important role in networking.
- Go to the database on our website and add your information to become an official member.
Election of Officers
- President: Nick Honeck
- Vice President: Lorrie Saylor
- Secretary: Done Briggs
- Treasurer: David Kurneta
- Information Officer: Open
- current balance: $197, as a result of several fundraisers and donations in spring
- Some of the money was spent on this meeting
- How can we acquire more money?
--Charge fees for events? Membership fees? Donations? Fundraisers? (to be discussed at the next meeting - bring opinions)
- We decided that it would be beneficial to meet at least twice a year.
- Possibly having a meeting in the spring that would be a social event and a business meeting.
- The more opportunities to meet, the better chance PCAA will grow.
- Invite alumni to the Spring Celebration? Have the meeting on a weekend and do something together afterwards?
- Have events co-sponsored with PAC & LPH?
- Next meeting to be determined by the officers - anyone with an opinion should email them (see members page).
Jennifer Babb, Secretary