Spring 2005 Executive-in-Residence
David R. Barnes
Von Briesen & Roper, SC
Topic: "Learn How to Be A Successful Entrepreneur From a Successful Entrepreneur"
Date: April 12, 2005
David Barnes has a long history of starting successful businesses. He has started and remains the president or chairman of the following businesses:
- Hallmark Development Corporation - one of Southeastern Wisconsin's Premier real estate development companies,
- Bank of Kenosha - one of the fastest growing banks in the Midwest,
- Professional Realty Associates - a successful property management and real estate brokerage company,
- Medical Vending, LLC - a wide distributor of non-prescription medications, and
- Lawyers Accounting Service - a successful accounting and billing service for lawyers.
Mr. Barnes is also the lead partner in the group that recently purchased and is revitalizing Bristol Oaks Country Club.
Dave graduated for Marquette University's school of business with majors in finance and marketing. He received a doctor of law degree for the University of California-Davis. He is a partner with the law firm of VonBriesen and Roper, and concentrates his practice in business and real estate law. He is admitted to practice law in California, Florida, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Mr. Barnes serves on the board of directors of several businesses in the Kenosha Area Business Alliance, recently served on the Governor's Economic Advisory Board, and currently serves on the Advisory Board to the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee.