Ubaldo Quevedo, Ph.D.
1. What is a typical day like in your field?
I have to prepare my classes, write research papers and participate at several university commitments such as meetings, initiatives, professional developments, workshops, etc. Grading, advising students, exploring new teaching strategies and keeping current in my field are other very frequent activities.
2. How did this type of work interest you and how did you get started?
I wanted to be a teacher since I was in eighth grade. I started in the teaching field as a grader and tutor when I was an undergraduate student in Mexico.
3. What jobs and experiences have led to your present position?
I have been a grader, teaching assistant, k12 teacher, lecturer, visiting professor, adjunct instructor and now a professor
4. What do you see as your priorities in the next five years?
Increasing enrollment, getting additional funding and maximizing the use of emerging technologies
5. What do you enjoy doing most outside of teaching?
Taking care of my kids and house
6. How do you best connect with your students?
With informal conversations during advising sessions
7. Packers or Bears?
Actually, I prefer Mexican soccer
8. If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be?
9. Favorite Movie?
Old Mexican movies from the 50's