To schedule an appointment with a member of the Advising and Career Center Staff,
visit us in Wyllie D175 or call 262-595-2040
Let us point you in the right direction...
...on your road to success
Academic Advisors provide advising on educational and career goals, academic planning, and related services to students who have not declared a major. Each degree-seeking student is assigned an academic advisor with whom they must consult with each semester. The Advising & Career Center staff works with students who are undecided about their major. Once a student has declared and been accepted to a major, they are assigned to a faculty Advisor in that department.
You can find answers to many questions in the Academic Advising & Career Center. We:
- Advise all students prior to their acceptance into a major
- Advise on course selection for the upcoming semester
- Coordinate and assist your process of choosing, declaring and/or changing a major or minor
- Assist with major exploration
- Provide and interpret your DARS (degree summary) report and unofficial transcripts
- Assist students with policies regarding dropping, adding or repeating courses
- Provide options and guidance for students facing academic crisis situations
- Provide assistance for new transfer students
- Help students determine what courses transfer to UW-Parkside from other colleges and universities
- Advise students on probation and suspension
- Referral sources for students who need academic assistance, personal counseling, etc.
- Provide all new freshman with midterm grade reports