Placement Test Information
For new Freshman, placement is determined by ACT or SAT sub-scores in English, Mathematics. New freshman, however, may elect to take a placement exam. Click here to learn how your scores will determine the classes you will take at UW-P.
International students, students exempt from the ACT admissions requirement and some transfer students are required to take placement tests.
See Below for registration information
- Placement tests are available at a variety of locations. Computer based testing is available at some regional locations.
- English and math placement tests must be taken at least two weeks prior to your assigned orientation (ROAR or Transfer Transition) day.
- A government-issued photo identification document, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID or passport is required.
- A non- graphing calculator may be used for the math test.
- Foreign language placement testing is optional. Foreign language testing is available at both regional and local testing dates.
- Regional testing begins at 8 a.m. Local testing begins at 12 noon.
- International students and students from outside WI may test at their own testing location
- Sample placement test questions can be found here.
Testing Dates @ UW-Parkside
Regional Tests are open to ALL University of Wisconsin System applicants. Register
- Saturday, April 6th
- Saturday, April 20th
- Saturday, May 18th
- Saturday, June 1st
- Saturday, June 22nd
Test Location: Greenquist 103
UW-Parkside Applicants and Currently Enrolled Student Only dates. Register
- Tuesday, April 9th
- Tuesday, May 7th
- Tuesday, May 28th
- Tuesday, June 11
- Tuesday, July 9
- Tuesday, July 23
- Tuesday, August 20
- Tuesday, August 27
Test location varies. You will receive an email confirmation with the location.
Note: Students requiring special accommodations should consult the UW Placement Testing website
for regional tests or the UW-P Office of Disability Services at 262-595-2372 for other tests.