What can I do with a major in...Sports and Fitness Management?
Course catalog | Department website
The sport and fitness management industry has experienced dramatic growth over the past twenty years. The industry has grown into a multidimensional discipline of business, communication, health, sports, and fitness. This major is for creative, high-energy students with a passion for lifelong wellness.
What skills will I develop?
- Knowledge and skills to promote lifelong wellness.
- Individual sport and fitness proficiency.
- Fundamental teambuilding strategies.
- Critical analysis skills.
- Multidimensional skills in business, accounting personnel administration, organizational behavior, and facility development and management, legal issues in sports & fitness management, and sports and fitness marketing.
- Athletic Director
- Aquatics Director
- Corporate Fitness Director
- Equipment Manager
- Event Planner
- Fitness Coordinator
- Fitness Trainer
- Global Sports Media Director
- Health Club Manager
- Kinetic Specialist
- Nutrition Educator
- Personal Trainer
- Play by Play Announcer
- Player Relationship Manager
- Public Relations Director
- Promotions Coordinator
- Recreation Director
- Fitness Curriculum Developer
- Sports Agent
- Sports and Fitness Instructor
- Sports Journalist
- Sports Information Director
- Sports Marketing Director
- Tournament Associate
- Wellness Director
What can I do to find out if Sport & Fitness Management is for me?
- Speak with a student majoring in Sport and Fitness Management
- Take a Sport and Fitness Management course
- Research Sport and Fitness Management careers
- Conduct informational interviews
- Network with Sport and Fitness professionals
- Volunteer or work part time in a Sport or Fitness position
- Visit the UW-Parkside Career Center