We Can Help You Prepare Your Resume
The staff in the Academic Advising and Career Center wants to help you create and use the resume that is right for you. Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance at 262-595-2040.
There are some specific, overriding details that all resume writers need to know.
- Use one page, never more than two; use white or off-white bond
- Leave space between sections for easier reading
- Emphasize headings using capital letters, boldface or indentation
- Use popular non-decorative typefaces; use a font size of 10-14
- Send error-free, perfect copies.
- Check grammar, spelling, content for accuracy before having copies made
- Use a variety of action verbs
- Customize each resume for the reader
- Use abbreviations except state, degree, GPA, Co., Inc.
- Use horizontal and vertical lines
- Use long-winded, flowery sentences
- Include a whole life history
- Include high school information
- Use the following headings: resume, name, address, phone number
- Date your resume
- Include personal information such as date of birth, marital status, etc
- Include salary or supervisor’s name