Creating New Modules
A module must be created before a topic can be added. You can create modules within existing modules to establish a deeper hierarchy.
Create a new module
- Click Content on the navbar to access the Manage Content page.
- Select New Module from the Add Content action menu.
- You can edit the parent from the Parent Module drop-down list:
- Select None if you don't want the module to be a sub-module.
- Select a module from the list of existing modules if you want it to be a sub-module.
- Type your module title in the Title field.
- You can type in a Short Title as an option. If you don't specify a short title, D2L uses the Title field.
- If you want to exclude this module from the numbering system, select the Hide Enumeration check box. For example, hiding enumeration on an introductory module does not affect the numbering on later modules.
- Click Save and Close if you are done editing your module. If you want to add Restrictions, Comments, or Objectives to your module, you can either click Save to save your page changes before switching tabs, or navigate to another tab to have the system save your changes automatically. Click Done to exit the New Module page.