Create a new forum
- On the Discussions List page, click Forum from the New button.
- Enter a Title and Description for your forum.
- If you want to automatically create a topic in the forum with the same name, select the Create a new topic in this forum with the same title check box.
- In the Options section:
* You can select the Allow anonymous messages check box to enable users to post messages anonymously for all topics in the forum.
NOTE: You cannot evaluate anonymous messages.
* You can select the Messages must be approved before being displayed check box to require messages be approved before they are posted in forum topics.
- Select a Visibility option for your forum.
NOTE: If you select Forum is visible for a specific date range, select the Has Start Date and Has End Date check boxes and set your dates. You can also select to have dates Display in Calendar.
- Select forum Locking Options:
* Select Lock forum to the lock the forum when it is created. It will remain locked until Unlock forum is reselected.
* Select Unlock forum for a specific date range to open the forum within a date range. Select the Has Start Date and Has End Date check boxes and set your forum availability.
- Click Save.