Desire2Learn (D2L) is the UW-Parkside Learning Management System (LMS) used for online, blended, and face-to-face instruction.
Notice to D2L Instructors:
In the interest of performance, sustainability, and the best experience for you and your students, D2L courses are routinely scheduled to be purged/removed from the servers which run Learn@UW/D2L. The following Academic calendar years will be removed June 30, 2013:
- Fall 2004 – previously missed
- Fall 2007-Summer 2008
- Fall 2008-Summer 2009
- Fall 2009-Summer 2010
To purge a D2L course refers to the complete removal and deletion of the course with no way of restoring.
This is a permanent deletion!
Instructors can view their D2L courses in the My Courses widget (box) of the D2L homepage. Courses are identified by semester and year.
Instructors may need to click on the Plus icon to the left of a semester to expand and display the list of courses in that semester.
- No action is necessary if an instructor does not need to export/copy course materials or student records. The course sites will be removed on schedule (June 30, 2013).
- Instructors can export their content files, grade book and student files from a drop box folder and retain locally. Exports need to be completed prior to June 30, 2013.
- Instructors can copy course materials into a newer offering of the same course. The copy of course materials needs to be completed prior to June 30, 2013.
- Contact Pat Eaton with questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org or campus phone (262)-595-2531.
- Your courses in all of the above mentioned semesters will be permanently deleted on schedule – June 30, 2013.
* In most cases, you will not need these courses and do not need to take any action.