Online Rooms, also referred to as Collaborate, is a synchronous online meeting place that lets you connect with your students, anywhere
with engaging multimedia content. Collaborate can be used with a combination of
voice, video, text and desktop sharing which presents a robust environment for
online learning, meetings, training courses and on-demand presentations.
- Share applications, screens, images and documents with participants.
- Integrate tools to whiteboard or overlay annotations on slides, video and other content.
- Archive sessions for viewing at a later time.
- Gather real-time feedback through polls.
- A cost effective way to "bring in" a guest speaker.
- The survey tool can be used as a classroom responder tool.
- Record a meeting for student review.
- Use the chat feature to create more engaging discussions.
- Virtual office creation allowing for virtual office hours.
Getting Started with D2L Online Rooms