Create a new topic
- On the Discussions List page, click New Topic from the New button.
- Select the Forum you want to place your topic in from the drop-down list. You can click New Forum if you want to create a new category for your topic.
- Enter a Title and Description for your topic.
NOTE: Depending on your course settings, topic descriptions might be displayed in the message list where users read and post messages. If this setting is enabled, we recommend you keep descriptions short and avoid including large images.
- In the Options section:
* You can select the Allow anonymous messages check box to enable users to post messages anonymously.
NOTE: You cannot evaluate anonymous messages.
* You can select the Messages must be approved before being displayed check box to require messages be approved before they are posted in the topic.
* If you want users to post a message before they are allowed to respond to messages posted by others, select the A user must compose a message before participating in the topic check box.
- Select a Visibility option for your topic.
NOTE: If you selectTopic is visible for a specific date range, select the Has Start Date and Has End Date check boxes and set your dates. You can also select to have dates Display in Calendar.
- Select topic Locking Options:
* Select Lock topic to the lock the forum when it is created. It will remain locked until Unlock topic is reselected.
* Select Unlock topic for a specific date range to open the topic within a date range. Select the Has Start Date and Has End Date check boxes and set your topic availability.
- Click Save.