Creating an Online Room
- On the main navigation bar on your course home page, expand the Communication drop down menu and select Online Rooms.
- Click New Room.
- Give the Online Room an appropriate Name and, if desired, a description.
- There are two options for Room Visibility:
Restricted Room: Will be available to only those who are manually added by the room creator.
Public Room: Will automatically be available to the entire class list.
- In the Availability section, choose the start and end dates/times.
- In the Advanced Properties section, click Show Room Restrictions to view the options.
NOTE: Granting participants unrestricted access to the all resources option will give students access to anything uploaded to the room.
Selecting the Archive Mode:
When creating a room, you have the option of Recording/Archiving it. In the Archive Mode drop down menu, there are three options available:
- Manual - Allows the moderator to start recording at any time during the session.
- Automatic - Recording begins when first participant logs into the session.
- Disabled - Recording option is disabled.
- In the Email Notification section, you may choose to send users a notification email.
Join an Online Room
- To join an online room within a course, go to the main navigation bar and expand the Communication drop down menu.
- Select Online Rooms.
- If a room is active, a Join icon will be visible to the right of the room name.
Click Join to enter the room.