Strategic Direction C
Fall 2010 goals:
Highlighted Goals for Fall 2010:
1. Identify current practices, and promote further development of high impact practices to facilitate student engagement, persistence, and attainment at UW-Parkside.
Interview protocol developed; Three interviews with department chairs conducted; Spring, 2011 interviews slated to be completed; Spring, 2011 final report with findings from interviews will be prepared for review by governance groups and Executive Sponsor
2. Internationalize/globalize the campus.
Team examined the structure and capacity for international students at UW-P and capacity to expand study abroad; Formed three subcommittees focused on curriculum, study abroad, and international student assistance; Developed orientation and service fee proposal to support the program's development; Identified need for LTE position to increase capacity to expand the program(s)
Curriculum initiatives: Approved Asian Studies minor with intent to plan additional minors to enhance global perspective; Revitalized Global Skills certificate; Planning a comprehensive evaluation of aspects of UW-P curriculum concerning international study and pedagogy of international study
3. Transform the general education program from the current stage of assessment to a vibrant, self-sustaining general education community with embedded processes for continuous improvement based on assessment findings and best practices.
Website for GenEd is live as of November 22; Workshop held of November 19 to continue Gen Ed assessment training for UW-P departments; Evidence of on-going communication and training for departments; All but three departments were represented; All classes reporting on GenEd courses have submitted their packets; 52% of packets submitted have been completed by GenEd Committee; D2L site for GenEd goes live December 15; Five new learning communities have been created
4. Evaluate, enhance and strategically develop degree programs that ensure retention of our identity as a comprehensive university as we meet our communities' needs.
Review of Academic Plan for UW-P currently under revision by CAP.
5. Develop and implement a teacher preparation and professional development program at UW-Parkside.
Framework proposal for teacher preparation under development for Spring 2011 completion
6. Support Teacher/Scholars at UW-Parkside.
Meeting with the CRCA is scheduled for December 6th to develop an implementation plan; Discussion of appropriate program array is one of the outcomes for the academic plan