What are the lab rules?
- All guests must be escorted while in the lab. With the exception of special 'events' preapproved by the chairperson of the department, the CS Computer Lab is for use by CS students with a CS account only.
- Treat the furniture well. Make sure to wipe up spills at the conference table. Keep your shoes off the furniture. Return all items to their proper place.
- Food and drinks are allowed on the north side of the lab by the conference table but not elsewhere.
- Do not forget to log off completely and turn off the monitor when you are finished using a lab computer. (Turning off the monitor saves power.)
- Clean up your area when you are through working at either the conference table and/or a workstation. Push your chair in and clean up your papers.
- Recycle unwanted papers including the banner pages for printing jobs in the blue recycle containers. Recycle cans and bottles in the appropriate container. Other garbage goes in the brown lined container.
Offenders may lose access to the lab and/or to their account. Repeat offenders will lose access. Not keeping the lab clean and in good order could cause everyone to lose the privilege of having food and/or drink in the lab.
How do I log out? (UNIX)
How do I log out? (Windows)
How do I contact the CS System Administrator?