How do I choose a good password?
The password you select for the CS Computer Lab must be a minimum of 8 characters long and contain at least one letter at least one number and at least one symbol.
- Your password should be easy for you to remember and secure enough no one can guess it.
- Your password should not contain any public information such as address, phone number, birthday, pet name, etc. which would be easy to find out or guess.
- Your password should be long and should not contain any commonly known words.
- Your password should contain a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and other characters such as punctuation marks or symbols.
- Keep your password secure. This includes not telling anyone what your password is.
- You should use a different password for every account you access.
- For greater security, passwords should be changed regularly.
What are some methods for choosing a good password?
How do I change my CS password?
What should I do if I forget my password?