How do I use the computers in the CS Computer Lab? (UNIX)
Typically, all machines are powered up, with the monitors turned off.
- Turn on monitor.
- If the screen is black, move the mouse or press the escape key to wake it up.
- If the screen is locked, or someone forgot to log out, report it to the CS System Administrator.
- Enter your CS login and password.
- Remember to log off when done.
- If you are only going to be gone 2 or 3 minutes, lock your screen and leave your books/papers by the workstation.
- Do not turn off any of the computers. These are accessed from remote locations and others may be using them at the same time. (Except for the dual-boot machines. If you are not sure if a machine is dual-boot, do not shut it down or restart it.)
If there is a problem with a machine, please notify the CS System Administrator
How do I log in to the computers in the CS Computer Lab? (UNIX)
How do I lock my machine? (UNIX)
How do I log out? (UNIX)