How do I burn an iso to a CD or DVD in the CS Computer Lab? (UNIX)
To burn a disc from an iso image file, use Brasero.
- Open Brasero: Applications->Sound & Video->Brasero Disc Burner.
- Click the Burn Image button on the left.
- Click Click here to select an image.
- Navigate to the iso file that you want to burn. The file's name should end with .iso.
- Click Open.
- Insert a blank CD or DVD into the CD/DVD drive. If you the iso file is for a DVD and you put in a CD you will see a yellow box with the message:
"Please choose another CD or DVD or insert a new one.
The size of the project is too large for the disc even with the over burn option."
If you see this message, eject the CD and insert a blank DVD instead.
- To burn the disk from the image, click Burn.
- Wait while the image is burned to the disc.
- You may need to eject the disc and close the drive for the disc to show up in the file system.
If you have any trouble, contact the CS System Administrator.
How do I burn a data CD or data DVD? (UNIX)
How do I contact the CS System Administrator?