What Should Happen Before A Test Is Scheduled
Reservation for for taking tests
Faculty and Staff:
- The student should take a copy of their accommodation letter and schedule a face to face meeting with their Instructor during their office hours.
- If a student needs to take a test and the accommodation includes a distraction reduced environment; there are two options:
a. The Instructor can locate an empty classroom or conference room for the test.
b. Or the Office of Disability Service (DSS) can proctor the exam for the Instructor Monday-Friday on the third floor of the Library (follow the sign—Testing Area). Hours of operation are from 8:00 am -4:00pm. In an effort to provide timely accommodations, Disability Services will not schedule tests beyond 3:00 pm.
Students with Disabilities and Faculty and Staff:
- The student must schedule the time of their test with Disability Services at least 2-3 days before the test.
- Students should remind their instructor via email that a copy of the test needs to be sent to Disability Services (WYLL D175).
- The Instructor can physically bring, fax or email the test to DS staff or at 595-2767 or firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The test must arrive in Disability Services the day prior to the day the student takes the test; tests should NOT be delivered to the proctor in the testing room.
On the Day of the Test
- Students should report to the Testing Area in the Library at least 5 minutes prior to their starting time; showing up 10 minutes late will forfeit the student's ability for DSS to proctor the exam.
- A proctor will ask the student for a photo ID. If you forget it, the student will not be allowed to take the test.
- The Test will be returned on the day of the exam or the following business day to the faculty member's department office or the faculty office as written on instructions accompanying the test.
- If there are special instructions from the instructor such as open book, use of notes/formulas, or a calculator, etc., this information should be submitted along with the test.