FAFSA School Code:
900 Wood Road
Kenosha, WI 53141
Office of Financial Aid,
PO Box 2000
Kenosha, WI. 53141-2000
Phone: (262) 595-2574
Fax: (262) 595-2216
Tue, Wed, Fri. :
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
7:45 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Office hours during summer/winterim sessions, holidays and semester breaks are subject to change.
IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is available as part of the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The tool allows the applicant to complete the FAFSA without manually entering tax information. Instead, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool allows the applicant to link to the IRS and pull the student/parent tax information that was submitted on a 1040/1040A/1040EZ. Use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is strongly encouraged because it saves the applicant time and confusion, and ensures that the FAFSA is filled out accurately.
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool became available February 5th, 2012, for anyone completing the 2012-2013 FAFSA application. The tool is available approximately 2 weeks after filing taxes electronically, and within 6-8 weeks of filing taxes on paper.
- Applicants who choose not to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be contacted and can log back into the FAFSA application at a later date and update the FAFSA using the tool.
- Log on to the FAFSA by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- On the top menu bar, click on “Financial Information”
- When prompted to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, the applicant/parent will need to enter their PIN, and select “Link to IRS”
- The applicant/parent will be asked a series of questions to determine if eligible for IRS Data Retrieval Tool (for more information, scroll down to "Eligibility")
- If none apply, click “None of the Above” followed by “Next”
- A prompt will appear indicating that you are leaving the FAFSA website, click “OK”
- You will now be in the IRS website. Enter ALL information as it would appear on the taxes that were submitted, and once entered, hit “Submit”
- If everything appears accurate, click the box next to “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA” and click Transfer Now
- To be eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, you:
- Must have a valid SSN
- Must have filed a 2011 Federal Tax return (1040/1040A/1040EZ)
- Must have an unchanged marital status since December 31, 2011
- Ineligibility to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is caused by any of the following:
- Those who are married but file taxes separately
- An applicant or applicant’s parent who have changed marital status after December 31, 2011
- The applicant, parent, or spouse has filed an amended tax return
- If you are ineligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and you are selected for verification, you must submit your tax transcripts to our office to complete the verification process. Please click on Tax Transcripts for more information on requesting your tax transcripts.