Professional Development Fund (ASPDF)
- The ASPDF Committee will only consider proposals for future activities. It does not consider funding requests for activities that already have taken place.
- ASPDF funds are limited. In the past, awards have ranged from $75 to $1,500 with an average award of about $600. Depending on their review of the proposal and available funds, the Committee may authorize a different (lesser) amount of funding than that requested by the applicant
- Generally, the Committee expects at least 25% matching funds, unless special circumstances occur and are stated in the proposal. Matching funds may take the form of department/unit, personal, or other internal and external funding sources. Applicants are encouraged to seek additional sources of funding for projects and activities.
- ASPDF is intended to supplement, not supplant, ongoing institutional staff development programs. As a result, the Fund generally will not grant fee/tuition funding. The current University of Wisconsin-Parkside University Employee Educational Assistance Program is designed to serve this purpose. Academic staff seeking funding for fees/tuition should first apply through their individual departments or units. The Committee may consider proposals for fees/tuition from individuals who have been denied funding through the UWP Employee Educational Assistance Program.
- The Committee's policy is to spend the money allocated for academic staff as requests come in. We do not budget one-half for the first semester and the remainder for the second semester. Therefore, you should consider submitting your proposal as early as possible in order to ensure funding is available.
- Incomplete proposals will be returned for additional information. The delay could result in the loss of funding for a proposal that might have otherwise been successful. To ensure full consideration in a timely manner, all required information and documentation should be included in an application for ASPDF funds.
- All applicants must follow UW System Travel guidelines. Applicants should consult with Business Services as questions arise about this process.
- Proposals for activities whose support will come from the next fiscal year's allocations may be submitted, but any decision to fund those proposals remains provisional until the actual allocation is received from UW-Parkside; in such cases, awards are contingent upon the final allocation amount.
- In order to allow for more accurate tracking of remaining funds available for allocation, all paperwork, receipts, travel expense reports, etc. MUST be submitted for processing within 2 months of the end date of the project or activity.
- Award recipients are requested to share what they have learned with the campus community. The ASPDC will coordinate an informal panel presentation during the lunch hour each semester for all recipients to participate in. In addition, award recipients are requested to place appropriate handouts/documents on-line to share with the campus community.