Dollars for $ense
The UW-Parkside Dollars for Sense program exists to reward Classified and/or LTE employees for their suggestions and ideas that will result in measurable savings; increased efficiencies; and/or improvements in the work environment. Suggestions may come from any classified or LTE employee, and employees may submit an unlimited number of suggestion.
Suggestions (PDF) should be marked “Dollars for $ense” Committee and a hard copy must be submitted quarterly to April Puryear (Wyll D182) by the following dates: March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31.
Awards will be issued in the form of a check from Foundation funds.
Ideas may be resubmitted only if that idea has not received a previous award.
Dollars for $ense Criteria:
- Ideas will be eligible for a $25 award if only the idea is submitted and accepted by the Classified Staff Committee.
- Ideas will be eligible for a $50 award if details of implementation are included and approvals of the affected department are included.
- Ideas will be eligible for an additional $50 award if the submitter follows the idea through to implementation.
On 10/21/2009, Representatives of the Dollars for $ense subcommittee put forth a proposal that the Classified Staff Committee take over the subcommittee’s function. The committee agreed. April will collect submitted suggestions and send copies to committee members in advance of the meeting.
Award Summary for 2009 - 2011:
- In 2011 one suggestion was submitted by David Gehring regarding “Employee of the Month Special Parking Spots”. This was denied based on the committee suggestion.
- In 2010 (2) $50 awards were given out to Karen Grabher (Sanitizing Stations) and Jeannine Brokmeier (Welcoming Stations for new Freshmen).
- In 2009 (2) awards were given out: $25 award to Karen Grabher (Trash Cans outside Comm Arts) and $50 award to Monica Schluckebier (Duplicating Savings). Katie Aiello suggestion was denied regarding (Shorter Work Weeks During the Summer).