The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is seeking two fulltime Admissions Counselors/Recruiters. This is a 12-month, full time position that reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions, Freshman Recruitment and will require extensive travel and some evening and weekend work.
The position’s primary focus is recruiting students through a wide range of activities including: making presentations, public speaking, visiting high schools and other targeted groups and agencies. These positions will also be responsible for attending college fairs; maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their parents; developing relationships with high school guidance counselors, and other civic and community leaders; arranging campus visits and tours; and other duties or projects as required. In addition, these positions will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. These positions will also correspond with students, parents, and counselors regarding admission to UW-Parkside and assist with setting up and maintaining a communication plan for prospective students. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Represent UW-Parkside at high school visits, college fairs, community activities, career days and other special events designed for students.
- Plan and implement recruitment activities.
- Serve as a liaison between Admissions and designated university departments.
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, explore educational alternatives as needed, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts and provide campus resource materials.
- Work with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies, and others.
- Utilize the University’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage targeted recruitment strategies and on-going strategic communications with inquires, prospective students and applicants.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and programs at UW-Parkside, within the UW System, and within the admission profession.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the recruitment techniques and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental software systems and various business office software packages.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications.
- Working knowledge of time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel extensively and have a driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for about 2 hours at a time.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year or more of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience requiring responsiveness to the needs of students or customers
- One or more years of Admissions experience
- Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Documented experience utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications: Applications received by June 10th, 2013 are ensured full consideration. The position is open until filled.
Go to: www.careers.wisconsin.edu
Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password' and select "Login." If you have questions about how to apply from the Candidate Gateway, go to https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included:
Cover Letter outlining your qualifications for the position
Names and Contact information for three professional references
If you have application questions call or email:
Phone: (262) 595-2130
About the University:
UW-Parkside is committed to diversity, engagement, access, and academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to these goals are encouraged to identify strengths and experiences. The University enrolls approximately 5,100 students, many of whom are first generation and nontraditional students. Located in northern Kenosha Country in the Chicago-Milwaukee urban corridor, much of the university's 700-acre campus has been preserved in its natural wooded and prairie state.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer