Internal UW System Posting Announcement
Director – Parkside Student Center
University of Wisconsin - Parkside
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the Director – Parkside Student Center. This position is an internal recruitment only for current UW-System employees who meet the minimum qualifications.
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Life, the Director-Parkside Student Center is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Parkside Student Center. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Student Center including facility management and operations, staff supervision, budget management, strategic planning, programming, and oversight of Student Center contracted services. The person in this position will perform other duties as assigned.
A. Leadership, Administration and Personnel Management
1. Responsible for the planning and overall direction of the programs, services, facilities and general operations of the Student Center.
2. Provides training and evaluation of the professional and student staff employed by the Student Center.
3. Coordinate Student Center strategic planning and assessment efforts of operations and related services.
4. Evaluate the operations and related services and asses the satisfaction level of students, staff and other uses of the facility in order to assure that the Student Center is meeting desired goals. Make changes in policies, procedures and practices to assure that desired levels of services and performance are attained.
5. Assist in administrative policy development and policy implementation of the Student Center.
6. Encourage and promote diversity in programs, activities and student engagement within the Student Center.
7. Provide leadership, supervision and oversight for the Student Center student employee training program and policy development. Collaborate with Director of Residence Life and Assistant Director of Student Activities to develop semi-annual employee training.
8. Collaborate with the Director of Residence Life and Dining Services to provide a community environment that supports student achievement and development. Additionally, work to develop a fuller summer camps and conferences business.
9. Respond to student problems, complaints and suggestions.
10. Serve on the student government Student Life Committee to provide feedback on issues related to campus student life.
11. Represent the Student Center on divisional and campus-wide planning and policy committees.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
B. Fiscal Management
1. Develop the annual Student Center operational budget and highlights to present to the Segregated University Fee Allocation Committee.
2. Plan and implement budget priorities related to the Student Center¿s facilities, programs, services and operations.
3. Assist department managers as they monitor operating budgets and make long term plan for the Student Center by monitoring the department rollup accounting system.
4. Develop and implement a long range facility maintenance plan.
C. Campus Liaison to Contracted Services
1. Serve as primary liaison to the university's contracted services within the Student Center (food service, bookstore, vending, gaming, and financial institution).
2. Prepare the Request for Proposal (RFP's) process as identified.
3. Participate in the advisory committees for Student Center, Dining Services and Bookstore.
4. Develop new retail and services operations with input from the advisory committees, students at large and other campus staff members.
D. Marketing and Promotion
1. Provides leadership for the development of marketing materials pertaining to the overall Student Center services and programs.
2. Develops and updates the content on the website.
3. Collaborates with the Director of Residence Life for the development of marketing materials for summer camps and conferences business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications: Applications received by February 8, 2013 are ensured full consideration. The position is open until filled.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit the following, preferably in electronic format:
Email submissions to: Karen Grabher email@example.com
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.