The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to academic excellence, student success, diversity and inclusiveness, and community engagement. UW-Parkside grants bachelor's and master's degrees in more than 30 academic programs and currently enrolls 5,200 students, many of whom are first-generation and nontraditional. UW-Parkside is the most ethnically diverse campus in the University of Wisconsin System with more than 20% students of color and 19% faculty and instructional staff of color. UW-Parkside benefits from the cultural diversity of the communities it serves in southeast Wisconsin. Located in northern Kenosha County in the Chicago-Milwaukee urban corridor, much of the university’s 700-acre campus has been preserved in its natural wooded and prairie state.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Scholarships & Financial Aid, this position will serve as the functional lead for financial aid related systems including, but not limited to, the Peoplesoft Student Administration system Financial Aid and ImageNow imaging systems. As a member of the broader Enrollment Management team, this position will provide support for the strategic data needs of the Enrollment Management organization. This position is a blend of student financial aid functional knowledge, technical expertise, and business analysis skills.
Financial Aid Systems Planning and Development:
- Serve as the functional lead for PeopleSoft student financial aid module.
- Responsible for ensuring financial aid related systems comply with regulatory requirements, consistently apply policies and procedures and provide quality data.
- Work in collaboration with Campus Technology Services (CTS) staff to streamline production schedules, resolve programmatic issues and implement system enhancements.
- Ensure proper security access is given to staff within the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid as well as other departments as deemed necessary.
- Serve as the office liaison with external groups (UW System workgroups, PS HEUG, etc.) and other agencies (U.S. Dept of Ed, Great Lakes, ECSI, ImageNow, HEAB, UW System, etc.) for system and technology related issues.
- Monitor PeopleSoft Customer Connection, ImageNow site, and other relevant information sources for updates on releases, filed cases, and documentation. Submit cases to PeopleSoft and other system or software providers to promote resolution of issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of US Department of Education software and protocols, including Direct Loan and Pell reporting procedures as well as reporting mechanisms for other aid agencies, such as the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board and Fund for Wisconsin Scholars Program.
- Develop and maintain effective documentation and end-user training.
Process Review/Improvement and Procedures
- Serve on the Enrollment Management Division Process Group and CTS Core Team.
- Actively work to enhance service to institutional constituents through on-going fit/gap review of business processes and workflow.
- Develop and retain knowledge of application interface specifications of offices impacting Financial Aid, including the Registrar, Student Financials, and Admissions.
Data Reporting & Analysis
- Identify information needs for the Enrollment Management Division and a mechanism for meeting those needs.
- Maintain knowledge of PeopleSoft tables to ensure the integrity of the data used for internal and external reporting.
- Ensure data definitions are developed and maintained.
- Serve as the primary contact for reporting financial aid related information to external agencies such as UW System, U.S. Dept of Ed, HEAB, etc. Work with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness for reporting Common Data Set data to external agencies.
- Serve as the primary division contact for writing queries using tools such as PeopleSoft Query and Hyperion. Assist in designing reports used for quality assurance and reporting efforts.
- Work with EM staff to implement institutional policies and procedures regarding data needs.
ImageNow Imaging System Administrator for Enrollment Management Division
- Oversee setup and administration of ImageNow imaging system for Enrollment Mgt division.
- Coordinate along with the EM Business Automation Specialist, the campus-wide ImageNow implementation task force to assist with deployments, create strategic workflow within and between departments, and issue resolution.
- Work with CTS to develop and maintain Iscripts to enhance the workflow process.
- Plan and test enhancements and upgrades to ImageNow system.
Participate as a team member in meeting departmental and institutional goals:
- Represent the office on university committees and the institution in state and national professional organizations.
- Assist with financial aid counseling and awarding as needed and perform other related duties as assigned by the Director.
- Participate in professional development opportunities through webinars, workshops, conferences (Alliance conference, WHEPSUG), etc. to maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state regulatory changes, software enhancements, and network with colleagues from other campuses.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations and need analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the implementation, administration, maintenance and customization of PeopleSoft Student Administration software.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience in project management techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including group facilitation and group presentation
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the Scholarships/Financial Aid schedule of activities throughout the year.
- Considerable experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), PeopleSoft, imaging and the ability to create queries.
- Working knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations and ability to ensure compliance.
- Working knowledge of system testing and quality assurance techniques and standards
- Ability to evaluate and integrate new technology into current financial aid processes and ability to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and test new software as needed.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and detail amidst interruptions and under pressure.
- Ability to work well with diverse people and groups with different levels of technical ability.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum seven years work experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience setting up and working with at least one module of an integrated student information system.
- Functional knowledge of Financial Aid business processes.
- Documented project planning experience.
- Master’s degree in higher education administration, student personnel, or related field.
- Documented five years’ experience setting up and using PeopleSoft Student Administration software.
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure of the PeopleSoft Financial Aid Module in order to analyze, evaluate, troubleshoot, program and maintain module to ensure all financial aid program functions work as required.
- Documented experience setting up and using an Imaging System.
- Documented ability to query data and write reports through using query tools such as PeopleSoft Query, Hyperion, SPSS, etc.
- Documented experience working with business process improvement through methods such as fit/gap analyses.
Application Deadline: Applications submitted by December 28th, 2012 will have full consideration; position is open until filled.
Interested candidates should submit the following, preferably in electronic format:
- a cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position
- list of 3 or more professional references with contact information
Email submissions to: email@example.com
Mail submissions attention: Barbara Kis, Search and Screen Support, Financial Aid Office, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 900 Wood Rd., Kenosha, WI 53141.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer