Transfer Evaluation Coordinator
University of Wisconsin - Parkside
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
The Transfer Evaluation Coordinator is a 12-month, full time position and is a member of the Enrollment Management team. This position is responsible for evaluating and awarding credit for transfer coursework, working with academic departments to determine equivalencies, coordinating academic program to program agreements, and submitting transfer credit equivalency information to the UW-System.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for evaluating transfer coursework, awarding credit and coordinating the process of loading transfer courses and equivalencies to the student information system for all domestic and international transfer students.
- Advises prospective students with regard to their transfer status and courses as they relate to future matriculation at UWP.
- Responsible for working with academic departments regarding the interpretation of other institutions courses and the determination of transferability and equivalency.
- Resolve unique transfer equivalency problems for individual students with UWP Department Chairs
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining effective and efficient processes regarding transfer evaluation as it pertains to students and academic departments.
- Coordinate the process of establishing and maintaining academic program to program agreements with other colleges and universities.
- Coordinate the collection, analysis, maintenance and submission of UW-Parkside data to the UW-System for the Transfer Information System (TIS) database and other system’s needs. Serve as UW-System TIS equivalency liaison.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of equivalency information in TES.
- Provides leadership and advising training to UWP academic advisors and advisors at transfer institutions in the service region.
- Participates and assists with projects as assigned in order to further develop and improve TCE processes and resources
- Supervise full and part time staff involved in student evaluation services activities.
- Represent Enrollment Management on university committees and the institution in state and national professional organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of transfer evaluation practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Supervisory skills including effective delegation, training and development including student staff
- Knowledge of the applied use of tools related to transfer evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse student and faculty/staff population.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of professional experience in admissions, advising or registrar’s office at a college/university
- Experience with an integrated student information system
- Project management experience
- Master’s degree
- Documented professional experience in transfer admissions and transfer evaluation processes
- Experience working with a PeopleSoft student information system
- Demonstrated experience with query builder and reporting tools
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Review of Applications: Applications received by Friday, November 9th are ensured full consideration. The position is open until filled.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the University:
UW-Parkside currently enrolls 5,300 students, many of whom are first-generation and nontraditional. UW-Parkside is the most ethnically diverse campus in the University of Wisconsin System with more than 20% students of color and 26% faculty of color. UW-Parkside benefits from the cultural diversity of the communities it serves in southeast Wisconsin.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an AA/E