Our mission is to provide management with independent assurance services by evaluating the organization’s operational and financial systems and their related internal controls. We also:
- provide consultation to departments regarding internal control procedures;
- review the efficiency & effectiveness with which the institution has implemented state or federal legislative requirements;
- conduct research and analysis in other operational areas of interest to the Chancellor (or designee);
- recommend any necessary changes in programs, policies, or practices at the institution level; and
- coordinate reviews done by the Legislative Audit Bureau, UW System Office of Operations Review and Audit and other authorized audit agencies.
Organization & Management:
An Internal Audit Department Charter ensures access to all University records and employees. The internal auditor reports to the Vice Chancellor of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs.
Other useful sites:
WI Legislative Audit Bureau
UW System Internal Audit
Institute of Internal Auditors