UW-Parkside Library > Archives > UW-Parkside Campus Records Program
UW-Parkside Records Management Program
The records management program identifies and disposes of university records. The Archives helps campus offices and departments determine what records need to be kept and for how long. To accomplish this, Records Schedules have been created by the UW-System or campus archives. A Records Schedule is a document that describes the materials and sets forth the retention time and conditions for each set of records. Records Schedules are also known as Records Disposition Authorizations, or RDAs.
Records vs. Non-Records
A record is any document or other material created by your office used to conduct that office's business.
- Supports or documents a transaction.
- Documents the formulation or execution of a policy, interpretation of policy, or a change in policy.
- Documents actions taken in response to an issue or inquiry.
- Belongs legally to the State of Wisconsinâ€”it's fate is determined by the UW-System Records Officer's Council, the Department of Administration or other State agencies.
What Kinds of Things Are Not Records?
- Duplicate copies
- Drafts, informal notes, worksheets, and messages
- Routing slips
- Informal memos, announcements, and invitations from other offices
- Materials that are purely the personal property of a University employee and have no relation to his or her office.
General Records Schedules for the University of Wisconsin System
Academic Advising General Records Schedule
Business Communication General Records Schedule
Fiscal and Accounting General Records Schedule
Health Services General Records Schedule
Human Resources: Criminal Background Records Schedule
Human Resources: Classified Personnel General Records Schedule
Human Resources: Unclassified Personnel General Records Schedule
Human Resources: Worker's Compensation and Related Records
Information Systems: Disaster Recovery Records Schedules
Library and Archival Records General Records Schedule
Payroll and Benefits General Records Schedule
Residential Programs General Records Schedule
Student Records General Records Schedule
University of Wisconsin System Boiler Plate General Records Schedule
Wisconsin Collegiate Athletic Conference General Records Schedule
Information contained on this web site is meant to provide basic guidance to the campus community regarding the records management process. For more information, to establish records schedules for materials or for any other records questions, please contact the Universityâ€™s Records Officer, Anna Stadick, at x2077 or email the Archives.