Summer Session June 15-August 7, 2009
Instructor: Dr. James McKeever
May 28, 2009
Emails for Class : Please have 101 in the subject of all emails
Please use your UWP rangermail email address
Once you are registered for this class, please correspond with your UW-Parkside email address.
To order course material ($99.95 for cd-rom for 2009)
ON MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS (green case) (ISBN: 978-0-9720627-1-8)
- This course has been designed and structured for students with very little or no musical background. It aims to provide you with the tools for a basic understanding of music. This understanding of basic concept properties of music will undoubtedly lead
to better enjoyment of music.
- Lectures, exercises, and evaluation components are all part of this new program.
- Two exams must each be completed during specific four days periods, however all other lessons, assignments, and quizzes can be completed at any time, day or night.
- Main objectives of this course are to learn the following aspects of music theory:
- The Keyboard
- Notation, The Staff, and Melody
- Major Scales
- Key Signatures
- Minor Scales
- Intervals ( nine lessons of no credit to practice on intervals)
- Triads and The Dominant Seventh Chord
- Introduction to Rhythm and Meter
- Each new topic will be combined with your visual perception (the keyboard, the staff, etc.) as well as your aural perception (listening).
- The MOST important thing in GETTING STARTED with ONLINE MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS is to secure the CD-ROM which has all the information you will need for this class: all texts and interactive links, practice sessions, reviews,
aural and visual training sessions, etc. plus all the software you might need to add for the program’s execution.
- You can simply order ONLINE (with free shipping) at the link above. Make sure you ask for the CD called ON MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS (green case) (ISBN: 978-0-9720627-1-8) and NOT Music Appreciation or History
- You will get a number inside the CD case which you send to icubedonline.com and you automatically will be entered into the program’s class-roll. Your instructor has full access to your work and will be online to help you as well as the full support of a
tech group from the Connect4education Company
- Basically, this program gives you quizzes at the end of each unit and a final which consist of those same questions. This system has been proven to be very effective and you can be assured of a good grade if you “keep up” and ask your instructor for help
LINKS TO PAGES FOR EXTRA COMPREHENSION & LEARNING::