The Parkside Ready Rangers program is a coordinated effort to inspire academic success through ongoing interaction with a University of Wisconsin-Parkside role model and the University. The program will assist youth of Southeastern Wisconsin with the belief that a college education is attainable and that completion of their high school education is a benefit to their future.
Goals and Objectives
- To encourage students, starting at the 5th-grade level, to complete high school and attend college
- To create a relationship among the community, university, local school districts, and area youth
- To provide 5th-grade students with an opportunity to visit and experience their local public university
- To provide a hands-on, interactive experience of what college has to offer
- To increase the number of pre-teens who view education as a possibility for the future