Getting Your Recommendations
- High school seniors: At least one recommendation must be from a teacher. The other recommendation can be from a counselor or supervisor of a volunteer organization in which you have been active.
- Continuing UW-Parkside students: At least one recommendation must be from a professor or instructor. The other recommendation can be from an advisor, mentor, staff member, community leader or work supervisor.
Be sure to secure recommendations from individuals who understand and support your goals and
aspirations. Ask individuals who can offer an objective evaluation of your academic achievements,
involvement, and potential.
- Submit only two recommendations with your application materials.
- Ask your references to use the online recommendation form.
- Have a discussion with your reference about what their recommendation will say.
- Allow enough time for your references to complete their recommendation and submit it electronically for inclusion with your scholarship application.
- Don't submit a recommendation written by a friend or family member.
- Don't ask the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid for a copy of your recommendations.