- Trying to get an organization started?
- Building your leadership skills as a new leader of an established organization?
- Looking for suggestions to help your organization function more effectively?
- Looking for the resources available on campus?
- Advising a student organization for the first time?
- Need information about University policies or procedures?
Download Organization and
Advisor Handbook -
Keep this for your reference! If you would like clarification of anything in the handbook, or additional information on a subject, or suggestions regarding future editions contact us!
Look no further! Simply select a topic from the Student Organizations & Advisor Handbook Contents, on the left, and find the answers to your questions. This handbook has been created to support new and established student organizations by providing information on policies and procedures of the University of Wisconsin-Parkside by which they are governed. A student organization should not assume that it might rightfully engage in any activity that is not specifically restricted by University regulations. If there is any doubt as to the appropriateness of the activity, the organization should contact the Student Activities Office in advance for advice.
Browse through the information and put it to good use!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Starting your Organization
- New Student Organizations
- A Continuing Student Organization
Membership in a Recognized Organization
- Student University Fees Allocations Committee (SUFAC)
- Budget and Review Committee
- Segregated Fee Funded Organizations
- Appropriate Segregated University Fee Expenditures
- Inappropriate Segregated University Fee Expenditures
Services and Resources for Organizations
- Alumni Relations
- Bake Sales
- Display Cases
- Driver Authorization
- Duplicating Services
|- Food at Student Organization Meetings & Other Events
- Lodging Accommodations
- Mail Room/Postal Services
- Promotions Room
- Posting Promotions
- Pro-Image Posters
- Raffle Tickets
- Telephone Services
- Ticketing Services
- VEMS-Virtual Event Management System
- Vehicle Request Form
- Vending Policy
University Policies Related to Organizations
- Alcohol Use Policy
- Campus Policy For Campus Sales, Solicitation and Fundraising
- Solicitation Policy
- Campus Event Admission Policy
- Catering Policy and Procedures
- Dance, Party & Other Event Policy & Procedures Needing Police
|- Hazing Policy
- Motion Picture Viewing Policy
- Office Policy and Procedure
- Policy For Community (Corporate) Sponsorship of Campus Events
- Policy on Designated Areas for Unplanned "Free Speech" Events
- Request for Off-Campus Events
- Student Organization Key Policy and Procedures
- Stipend and Payroll Procedures
- Vehicle Rental and Travel Guidelines
- Web Account Procedures and Policy
-Student Involvement Center Policy & Procedures
- Complaint Process
- Risk Management