“Summer Bridge definitely helped me. There was a clear difference between students who participated in Summer Bridge and those that just began college in the fall. Students in Summer Bridge were more on task, knew more of what to expect from college, and had already earned college credit.”
Sport & Fitness Mgt.
Who is eligible for Summer Bridge?
To be eligible for Summer Bridge you must:
- Be a student who is either low-income, first- generation (neither parent has a four-year degree), or a student who has a documented disability.
- Have a demonstrated academic need with ACT scores indicating placement in academic skill courses.
- Be accepted at UW-Parkside, and complete enrollment in Summer Bridge prior to June 20th.
- Apply, be accepted, and actively participate in Student Support Services as a continuing degree-seeking student at UW-Parkside.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Be intent on graduating with a degree from UW-Parkside.
Students complete an application and an interview with Student Support Services staff and then are selected for the program based on eligibility requirements.
Complete the Information Request Form