“Student Support Services helped me to be familiar with campus and its services such as the library. It also helped me be more sociable as far as making friends which really helped me when the semester started.”
It takes a team of Instructors, Administrators, Advisors, Mentors, Tutors, and Students to make SSS a successful program. Join the team by applying for one of the various Student positions within SSS. See below for current opportunities.
SSS is currently accepting applications for Mentors and Career Coach Mentors. SSS Mentors will work with a team of staff, tutors, and advisors to help next year's incoming class of students transition into their college experience.
Download Position Descriptions:
The application process for SSS mentors is linked with the UW-Parkside Student Leadership Application which is used to hire many of the student campus leaders who work as Resident Advisors in Residence Life, ROAR Orientation Leaders during freshman orientation dates, Peer Health Educators, and various other roles. Follow this link to view all the positions available through the Student Leadership Application.
How to Apply
1) Complete the online application here. You will need to log in using your SOLAR ID and Password. The application includes essay questions for each position which you are applying. You can save progress on the application before submitting.
2) A current resume. (Submitted electronically in the last step of the online application.)
3) Three completed reference forms completed by individuals of your choosing. Reference forms have directions for submission and can be downloaded here.
Online applications and references are due at Noon on Monday, January 30 2012.
Our interviews have two elements. You must schedule:
1) Individual interviews for each position which you are applying. (20-30 minutes)
2) A group process interview with small group activities and discussion. (2 1/2 - 3 hours) You will select a group interview time at the end of your application.
Interviews will take place on Thursday, February 2 and Friday, February 3.You can schedule your individual interviews by calling Lisa Jacobs at (262) 595-2320.
Diversity and Disability
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan. Women, minority groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you have any disability or condition that requires an accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please e-mail Tom Bottoms at email@example.com.