The University of Wisconsin-Parkside will be recognized as a regional educational leader and community partner for the arts and humanities, supporting and promoting academic and artistic programs that contribute to the cultural vitality and economic growth of Southeastern Wisconsin and Northeastern Illinois.
To create and sustain vibrant and dynamic academic and artistic programs through a regional center for the arts and humanities that promotes educational achievement, artistic expression, community engagement, and economic vitality between the campus and diverse communities we serve.
The UW-Parkside Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for Arts and Humanities supports and values
- Academic excellence
- Artistic opportunity
- Cultural enrichment
- Economic vitality
- Creativity and Innovation
- Freedom of expression
- Enhanced communication
- Diversity and inclusivity
- Community engagement
- To continuously enrich and promote exceptional academic programs in the arts and humanities that are recognized for their excellence and valuable contributions to the region.
- To create and support a synergy among all arts and humanities disciplines, resulting in high quality performances, presentations, and exhibitions that explore and express the complexity of the human condition.
- To serve as a regional educational and arts facility and facilitator that provides diverse populations with meaningful and accessible cultural experiences and opportunities while encouraging emerging artists and audiences of all ages.
- To transform the region's image by stimulating the financial and creative economies of the campus and the communities we serve.
- To foster collaboration with local and regional arts and humanities groups, bringing UW-Parkside programs to community venues and welcoming community organizations to have a presence on campus.