You want to be a Tutor?
We review tutoring applications on an ongoing basis. Prospective tutors must meet the following requirements:
- A 3.0 Cumulative GPA and a 3.3 in the subject area to tutor.
- A written faculty recommendation from the subject area.
- Initial tutor training. Ongoing training workshops are required of most tutors.
- An interview with Learning Assistance personnel and/or with subject coordinators for tutoring that does not occur in the Center.
- A mandatory (paid) on-line training must be completed prior to beginning work.
Tutoring positions are paid at the rate of $8.00/hour.
To apply to be a math or general subject tutor, click here.
To apply to be a writing tutor, click here.
To schedule an interview for math, writing, English or general subject tutoring, contact Amie W. Shea.
To apply for Anatomy and Physiology tutoring, contact Chris Noto.
For all other inquiries, contact Amie W. Shea.
Training materials will be checked out during the pre-service interview.