Students have the right to work with a tutor who
- Treats them with respect.
- Is patient.
- Is familiar with material.
- Will practice confidentiality.
- Will listen intently.
- Will explain the information in the terms they understand.
- Is not judgmental about ability levels.
- Explains concepts, but does not do the work for them.
- Provides positive encouragement.
- Is trained in effective techniques.
- Accepts individuals without personal judgments or comparisons with others.
- Allows students to make final decisions regarding work and assignments.