Purchasing a 2012-2013 student commuter permit
(View a step by step tutorial)
- Commuter students (drive to campus) have the option of ordering their permit on-line and having the charge added to their student account or purchasing their permit at the University Police Department, Tallent 188.
- The cost of a student commuter annual permit is $145.00 and the cost of a student commuter semester permit is $75.00. Tallent discount permits are $100. (Click here for more information on these permits.)
- To order a student commuter permit on-line and have the charge added to your student account, you must logon to your Solar account.
- On the self service page, select the purchase parking permit link which is under finances.
- Select the type of permit you would like to purchase. The charge will be added to your student account.
- Commuter students who order their permits on-line between August 1st - September 3th, 2012, may pick up their permit at a kiosk outside the campus bookstore in the Student Center between September 3th - September 7th, 2012, during normal bookstore hours. (Monday through Friday.) If you order before September 3th, you may also pick up your permit at the Police Department in Tallent Hall.
- After September 7th, 2012, all commuter parking permits must be picked up at the University Police Department. Students may still elect to place the charge on their student account, but they must pick up the permit at the University Police Department.
- Students also have the option of paying by credit card, check, or cash at the University Police Department.