All bomb threats must be taken seriously. Notify the UW-Parkside Police at 262-595-2911 immediately.
If you receive a bomb threat by telephone, remain calm, write down the caller’s exact words and note the time of the call. Check for caller ID information. Ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name and address?
- If you are told to evacuate the area by authorized emergency personnel, take your notes about the call with you
If you receive a bomb threat in written form:
- Notify the UW-Parkside Police at 262-595-2911 immediately
- Do a quick visual inspection of your area; do not touch or move any suspicious objects
- Do not use radios, pagers, or cell phones because they can trigger an explosive device