What is the International Friendship Committee?
The UW-Parkside International Friendship Committee is part of Adventures in Lifelong Learning. The committee is closely linked with International Student Services efforts to assist international students.
The International Friendship Committee is dedicated to:
- Enhancing UWP international students' experience as they cross into a new culture and adapt to a new environment,
- Involving families in the student adaptation-integration process,
- Providing support and friendship to international students,
- Encouraging and promoting cross-cultural friendship and understanding among local, national and international students.
Are you interested in becoming a member of the International Friendship Committee?
- Orientation for incoming students, both in the fall (August) and mid-term (January).
- Fall International Family/Student Welcome Picnic (September) where students & IFC families meet to enjoy potluck at Petrifying Springs Park.
- International Friendship Committee Friendship Hour
Established as a social hour with the committee members and the Parkside International Club, this event is usually held on the second Wednesday of October, November, December, February, March and April. It runs from 12 noon until approximately 1:00 pm. Check the event calendar for exact dates/times or call 262.595.2701 for more details.
Before or after the IFC group meets, we enjoy a luncheon with the international students and the rest of the campus community. Oftentimes students will give presentations about their country as well as serve a meal they would enjoy at home. This is a great place to visit with the students and see how they are doing, enjoy eating with them and learn something new about another country.