Ford to testify before UW Restructuring Taskforce
University of Wisconsin-Parkside Chancellor Debbie Ford is among those who will speak at today's meeting of the Special Taskforce on UW Restructuring and Operational Flexibilitiesin Madison. Meeting in the State Capitol building this morning, the 17-member group will discuss the relationship between the UW System and UW institutions.
After the meeting is brought to order by taskforce chair and UW Regent Michael Falbo, System President Kevin Reilly will speak. Chancellor Ford will follow Reilly with UW-Stout Chancellor Charles Sorensen and UW-Oshkosh's Richard Wells also scheduled to address the taskforce. Chancellor Wells is a member of the taskforce which includes state legislators, UW System representatives, and interested private citizens.
The taskforce is charged with addressing:
- whether restructuring of the UW System is needed and, if so, recommending a new governance structure;
- how UW System employees would transition from the state personnel system to the new personnel systems;
- whether tuition flexibility can be extended to the UW System and the legislature's role in establishing tuition rates;
- how future UW System employee compensation plans for should be determined;
- additional operational flexibilities for UW System institutions; and
- how articulation and credit transfers between UW institutions could be improved.
Check Thursday's Ranger Today for a summary of today's taskforce meeting.