New UW-Parkside department chairs, directors named
University of Wisconsin-Parkside Interim Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean Yohnk has announced the selection of department chairs within the college. The appointments take effect July 1, 2012, and continue through the 2015 academic year.
"I am pleased to announce the election and my appointment of the following chairs or program directors," Yohnk said in an email to campus Tuesday. "Many departments and programs in the current College of Arts and Sciences have recently held elections to select chairs and program directors."
The new department leaders are:
- Lisa Marie Barber in Art
- Fay Akindes in Communication
- Jonathan Shailor for Ethnic Studies
- Bill Miller in Health, Exercise Science, and Sport Management
- Jeffrey Alexander for History and
- Alvaro Garcia in Music
Yohnk thanked out-going chairs and co-chairs for their service. They are Trenton Baylor who co-chaired the Art department with Lisa Marie Barber, Megan Mullen in Communication, Fay Akindes in Ethnic Studies, HESM's Penny Lyter, History co-chairs Sandy Moats and Ed Schmitt, and Jim McKeever in Music.
Yohnk noted that several faculty members will continue their department leadership through the next three years. They are:
"Congratulations," Yohnk said, "to these new and/or continuing department chairs and program directors and thank you for your service to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside!"
- Dennis Kaufman in Economics
- Jay McRoy in English
- Rich Walasek in Geography
- Jeff Schmidt continues as chair of the newly-merged Mathematics/Physics department and
- Peggy James continues as chair of the newly-merged Politics, Philosophy, and Law department.