Asian Heritage Month events
UW-Parkside's celebration of all things Asia starts today with dance and ends April 28 with laughs. In between, the campus is invited to explore the region's religions, discuss Asian beauty and empowerment, and view a martial arts demonstration all during Asian Heritage Month.
There's a colorful start to the festivities today, Wednesday, April 4, at noon. That's when the Choomsarang Korean Dance Group performs in Main Place of Wyllie Hall. Other AHM events are:
April 18 Discussion: "Knowledge is Power: Empowering Asian American through a Global Race Consciousness" with Dr. Nitasha Tamar Sharma, noon, Student Center Walnut Room
Asian Heritage Month events are sponsored by the UW-Parkside Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, PAO, and the Chancellor's Office.
- April 18 Demonstration: Martial Arts, 5 p.m., Student Center Poplar Room
- April 20 Discussion: "Asian Beauty," 5 p.m., Student Center Hickory Room
- April 21 Parkside Asian Organization (PAO) Banquet, 6 p.m., Student Center Ballroom
- April 25 Discussion "Asian Religions," 3 p.m., Molinaro D133
- April 28 Comedy with Dat Phan, 7 p.m., The Den/Student Center