Call for nominations: UW-Parkside Diversity Award
Nominations are now open for the University of Wisconsin-Parkside Diversity Award. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion said this is a university-wide award recognizing a faculty or staff member who makes outstanding contributions or efforts toward enhancing diversity and inclusion at UW-Parkside. The 2011 award recipient was Mary Xiong. Names of previous winners are on the web site.
Prospective nominees must be faculty or staff members employed 50 percent time or more with a minimum of three years of continuous service at the university. No individual is eligible to receive the award more than once every five years.
Nominations are based on the nominee's demonstrated leadership or outstanding contributions or efforts toward enhancing diversity and inclusion in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrating a consistent pattern of commitment to the recruitment and retention of an inclusive and diverse faculty, staff, or student body
- Creating programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Collaborating with campus or community groups to promote or implement programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Providing leadership and direction in building a welcoming and supportive campus climate
- Providing significant mentorship or support to students, staff and/or faculty members who represent a particular segment of diversity within our community
- Creating curricula that enables students to appreciate and understand the dynamics of diversity and inclusion
The Inclusive Excellence Committee selects the top candidates. Recommendations are then forwarded to the Chancellor. The award recipient is honored at the 2012 Fall Convocation.
Nominations submitted by Friday, June 15, 2012, receive full consideration and self-nominations are encouraged. Online submission forms are available on the university web site and by visiting www.uwp.edu keyword: Inclusive Excellence. Paper forms can be sent to:
UW-Parkside Diversity Award Selection Committee, WYLL 345
900 Wood Road
P.O. Box 2000
Kenosha, WI 53141-2000
Please note: Forms submitted without the nominator's name will not be used.If you have questions, call 262-595-3245 or access firstname.lastname@example.org by email.