Love your campus: Campus Volunteer Day Aug. 29
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is the most beautiful campus in the UW System. Visitors constantly comment on the natural splendor that surrounds us during every season.
On Wednesday, Aug. 29, we'll make the university grounds even more attractive during the first-ever Campus Community Volunteer Day. That day, faculty and staff volunteers will work with Facility Management personnel to make every part of the university grounds sparkle for the start of fall semester classes.
Volunteers meet at the Student Center south plaza at 10 a.m. to:
- Remove weeds, including thistle and teasel, from the prairie under the guidance of Professor Dave Rogers and Scott Berzinsky;
- Refresh the Alumni Garden through weeding, relocation and separation of plants with Heather Miles;
- Clean and polish site and directional campus signs with Dave Olsen and Pat Soens;
- Clear trash and prune underbrush on bike trails with Gene Lerdahl and Matt Baran;
- Restore (sand and paint) picnic tables, skilled volunteers will work with Gene Terning and Mike Hawkins due to the power tools involved
Campus Community Volunteer Day crews will work from 10 a.m. to noon and again from 1 to 3 p.m. Transportation is provided to remote sites and refreshments are provided by the Student Center. Rain date is Aug. 31.
To volunteer and for more information, call Campus Community Volunteer Day Coordinator Don Kolbe at ext. 2232.Be one of the people who makes our campus better. Volunteer for Campus Community Volunteer Day!