News & Notes: Susan Lincke, Matt Makarios
Susan Lincke, Associate Professor of Computer Science, was active with publications, presentations, and posters during summer and fall. She placed four refereed conference publications:
- Planning Organizational Security: The Health First Case Study, Susan Lincke, ACM Joint Conference on IT Education (SIGITE12), Calgary AL, Oct. 10-12, 2012.
- Combatting IS Fraud: A Teaching Case Study, Susan Lincke, David Green, 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Seattle WA, Aug. 9-11, 2012.
- Designing System Security with UML Misuse Deployment Diagrams, Susan Lincke, Timothy Knautz, Misty Lowery, 2012 IEEE International Workshop on Information Assurance (IA2012), Gaithersburg, MD, June 20-22, 2012.
- The Health First Case Study: Teaching HIPAA Regulation with Security Planning, Susan Lincke, 16th Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education, June 11-13, 2012.
Her professional presentations were:
- Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing: "The Internet Enables All the World's Hackers to Attack your Computer(s) 24/7. Are We Secure Enough Yet?" Oct 5, 2012, Baltimore, MD.
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges--Midwest, Workshop: "Designing Software Security with UML Extensions," Oct 5-6, 2012, Charleston IL.
Susan's poster was titled "Green IT: Serving Multiple Purposes," Susan Lincke, ACM Joint Conference on IT Education and Research in IT, Calgary, Alberta, Oct 10, 2012.Matthew Makarios, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, published an article on the factors that influence the exercise of discretion in parole officers. The article is in the December issue of the Prison Journal.